Boat/Watercraft Insurance in Texas
A poet once said, "Even if it is made of gold, the sailing boat can go nowhere without the humble wind!" And a boat should go nowhere without the proper insurance. Boat and watercraft insurance should be an essential part of your recreation insurance. At Frederick Insurance, serving Austin, TX, and the surrounding areas, we can help you find the right policy for all your boating needs.
Common Types of Coverage
Boat insurance will provide the following general coverage:
- Collision- If your boat is involved in an accident and is damaged, this will provide money to pay for repairs or replacement of your boat. This protects the investment that you made in your boat.
- Property damage liability- If your boat is involved in an accident and causes damage to another boat, this type of coverage will kick in to pay for those damages. This keeps you from paying out of pocket for these liabilities.
- Personal liability- If someone is injured on your boat or because of your boat, you could be held personally liable for their expenses. This type of coverage will protect you from this.
- Comprehensive- This provides coverage if your boat is entirely lost due to theft or damage.
- Optional add-ons- There are also add-on types of coverage you can invest in. It would be best if you spoke with an insurance expert about these additions.
Although Texas does not require boat owners to keep boat insurance to operate legally, it is always a good idea to keep protection in place. If your boat is lost, damaged, or involved in an accident that causes damage or injuries to others, you will be the one to pay. A proper boat insurance policy will protect you from paying for these expenses.
If you want to learn more about boat insurance, please contact us at Frederick Insurance serving Austin, TX, and the surrounding areas. We will be happy to answer your questions.